CCR Question 4
Throughout the entirety of this project, I used a large variety of technology. The first use of technology throughout the project was my camera. I personally chose to use 35 millimeter film cameras for my photo work, so I used the same for this project. The camera itself is a Olympus, which is a small point and shoot, auto focus camera. This makes it very easy to use because all you have to do is press the shutter to take a picture, but what makes it fun is that you cannot see the results. I used Kodak 400 film because this film is considered to be very versatile because of it being 400 ISO. This film is very good for night time as well as day time, which is what allowed me to get a variety of shots in different lighting. The next piece of technology used was the photo scanner and film developer which the workers did at the photo lab I sent the rolls of film too. This bring the photos from being on a film stock to being developed into the images, and then scanned in order to digitize them. I don't have a lot of information on exactly what they use because it is a large company, but they utilize developers and scanners. The next piece of technology used throughout the project would be my phone. This device was utilized for the editing of my photos. The application I used for this is called VSCO. This app is free and lets you edit your photos very well. For this project, since I didn't have to worry much about lighting and more about drawing the readers attention, I didn't change much but the saturation of the pictures. This makes the colors of the picture more or less vibrant, so I made them all a bit more vibrant than usual, but not enough to where it is easily noticeable. The last piece of technology I utilized was a laptop. This is where I turned the pictures into an entire magazine. One program I used on the laptop was Microsoft Publisher. This program is where I made all of the pages for the magazine and put the entire project together. This program became very simple and was very useful in the magazine making progress. Then, I used In Design to get the fonts for the headlines of the pages. This application has a large variety of fonts that I haven't found anywhere else, but was too complex for me to use for the entire project.
Comments
Post a Comment