CCR Question 3
Throughout this project, I did develop a bit of production skill to add on to those skills I have had previously. Many of these production skills, I have been using for around a year at this point because I am a photographer. Some of these skills I have from previous work is: working my camera, gaining models for the shoots, locations, as well as editing. These skills have come over time with doing photo shoots for other brands as well as artists, which is why I chose to make the magazine rather than a film. The area that did develop a lot throughout the project was the actual magazine work itself. It had always been a dream of mine to make a photo book or magazine, so this was an area I wasn't familiar with, but wanted to learn more about. At the very beginning of the project I was trying to utilize Microsoft word and just make a photo book type of thing. Quickly, I realized that the photo book type style wouldn't work for the assignment, as well as that Word wouldn't be able to make a magazine. Then, after getting some recommendations from Mr Elsbree, I decided to use Publisher to create an actual magazine. At first it was alright, but I had a the last page being a ad rather than an article. The main issue I was having was trying to make it look like a magazine with the amount of interview I had. This is when I began to look for inspiration from others. I began looking at magazines like Men's Vogue and GQ to find ways to make my production similar to theirs. At first it was very difficult because of how tedious it can be to make everything look perfect, but by the time of the mid term submission, I had the program as well as my layout figured out. Over time everything got much easier as I developed the last bit of production skills needed for the project, and by the third quarter submission it was very easy. I had figured out how to use the software effectively, and touched everything up to make it look as professional as possible. I just kept working and developed the skills needed along the way.
Comments
Post a Comment